WWII Newspaper Project
Task: Now that you have learned about WWII, you will create a front page of a WWII newspaper.
The front page of your newspaper MUST include:
1. Title of newspaper
2. Lead story (at least 300 words)
3. One side bar story
4. Two images/advertisements
• Title of newspaper: Get creative! Think about current newspaper titles for inspiration. Your newspaper could be a local or national newspaper.
• Lead story: Write about an event during WWII to your readers. Topics you might consider include fighting in Europe, fighting in the Pacific, the Holocaust, America on the home front during WWII, or the dropping of the atomic bomb. Your article should be specific. Maybe your readers are just learning about your chosen event from your story, so use details. Make sure and also include a title for your story.
• One side bar story: This shorter article could be related to your lead story or about a different (and not as important) topic. Again, be specific and include a title.
• Two images/advertisements: Here is your chance to get creative again! Ideas for images or advertisements include pictures relating to the article topics, maps, copies of real advertisements from the time period, government propaganda, comic strip about the war or a letter written during the war.
Format: Your project should look like a newspaper cover and can be formatted on Word or any accessible creative platform. Free newspaper templates are available online. You may also wish to design your newspaper by hand. If you choose this option, take a picture of your project and email it to me. Attention to presentation such as use of color, font, pictures, and titles are expected and will be considered when grading. More points will be awarded for effort and creativity.