Some tips for Module 1.
1. This is a paper, not a worksheet. You must have an intro and conclusion, and well formed paragraphs.
2. You must use APA 7th edition formatting.
3. Use your book “Journal of Transcultural Nursing” by Douglas & Pacquiao text as well as the library for supportive resources! The web has tons of resources on these theories as well.
Distinguish among different theoretical perspectives in the social sciences.
The Effects of Transcultural Nursing Theories on Practice
The purpose of this explanatory assessment is to use the knowledge gained from the short audio clip (podcast transcript) from Janice Andrews, the readings, and the Discussion Board conversations to explore how transcultural nursing theories affect nursing practice.
Below is a list of transcultural nursing theories. Choose the theory indicated by the first letter of your last name:
Last Name Starts With:
(A–D) Dr. Leininger’s Theory of Cultural Care
(E–H) Giger and Davidhizar’s Model of Transcultural Nursing
(I–L) Papadopoulous and Taylor Model for Transcultural Nursing and Health
(M–P) Spector’s Health Traditions Model
(Q–T) Ramsden’s Cultural Safety Model Cultural Safety Model
(U–Z) The Purnell Model for Cultural Competence
Then, discuss the following in 2–4 pages, excluding the title and reference pages:
1. Who created the theory?
2. When was this theory created and what was the circumstances of its need for creation?
3. What are the main components of the theory?
4. Apply this theory directly to a scenario you have experienced (or read about) with patient care (direct or indirect).
5. Is this theory applicable to your current work environment? Explain.
6. How does the theory influence transcultural nursing practice?
7. How do transcultural nurses move cultural care to the forefront of nursing practice using the components of the theory?
You must include at least three evidence-based, peer-reviewed resources to support your ideas. These include .gov and .org professional websites, journal articles, and your textbook(s).
You must include headings in your paper indicating each section. This is a key concept to professional writing. It is also a fantastic method for ensuring you have met all Assessment requirements. Use the Grading Criteria as a checklist once you are completed to verify you have addressed all components of the Assessment.
The viewpoint and purpose of this Assessment should be clearly established and sustained.