Week 3 Journal (MINIMUM OF 2 PAGES)
Chapters 7 and 9 of the course textbook discuss theories of learning and information processing as well as various methods of assessing intelligence and testing achievement.
Based on the required textbook readings and references, address or respond to each of the following:
1) Briefly summarize the key components of the IDEA, NCLB, and ESSA legislation regarding learning disabilities, including the types of disabilities meant to be covered under these laws.
2) Reflect on whether and/or how these laws are informed or supported by theories of cognitive development, learning, and intelligence discussed in the course textbook.
Add graphics, tables, diagrams or additional sources that help emphasize your points and enhance your personal learning experience.
Week 4 Journal (MINIMUM OF 2 PAGES)
For this journal assignment, reflect on the substance and theoretical foundation of what you have learned this week about psychosexual, moral, emotional, and personality development. Then write a reflective essay that addresses the following:
1) Comment on how this week’s learning and materials compliment, oppose, and/or affect change in your positions and attitudes on the relevant subject matter.
2) From this reflection, formulate and articulate three pieces of advice you would offer to a young client or acquaintance who is having difficulties facing these challenging stages and transitions.
3) How will the recommendations you offered help to ensure successful development along these lines?
Week 5 Journal (MINIMUM OF 2 PAGES)
Chapter 14 in the course textbook focuses on the value and meaning of work in adulthood. The social roles and meanings associated with work—what one does for a living or as a profession—are among the most complex and important identities associated with individuals in our society.
For this journal assignment, reflect on the substance and theoretical foundation of what you have learned this week about social development, specifically in relation to work and work/life integration. Then write a reflective essay that addresses the following:
1) Explain how this week’s readings inform, influence, or cast light on your personal educational and work journey.
2) Reflect on how ones work and related practices fit into stages of development as theorized by Erikson or Maslow.
3) Discuss how you would advise a younger colleague or client facing decisions in this realm