Overview: The Principle of Behavior
Our successes and our failures are often directly related to our behaviors. In management, it is often possible to predict the longevity of a manager by his/her command of leadership behaviors. This section of the book illustrates this, and, hopefully, you will think of these behaviors for many years to come.
This assignment is worth 15 points.
- Examine dynamics of interpersonal and organizational communication that affect implementation of the collaborative nursing
- Identify characteristics of an effective change
- Identify the leadership style that would be best for
Before completing this assignment, read the third section (pages 125-233) of Covey’s The Speed of Trust.
In this assignment, you will write a short (1-2 pages), opinion paper. The paper is to be based on your own experiences and opinions. You should critically reflect on your personal experiences and apply what you have learned in the module to your current practice. Justify and explain your responses with examples and thorough explanations.
Consider a manager in your current or previous job to discuss the following:
- Discuss three of the behaviors that this person has
- Discuss three of the behaviors in which this person falls Reflect on your own leadership ability and discuss the following:
- Discuss three of the behaviors that you have
- Discuss three behaviors you plan to work
Use this rubric to guide your work on your Discussion Tasks:
|Needs Improvement|| |
|The Speed of Trust Part 3||Quality paper, with thorough content and minimal grammar or spelling errors.||Good paper, but a few omissions in content or more than 2 errors in spelling or grammar||Fair to poor paper, difficult to follow or lacking in pertinent content, or many spelling or grammar errors||Very poor paper, very late paper, or no paper at all.|