Responsible for operational support, optimization, and adoption activities supporting enterprise-wide clinical applications, specifically the Epic EHR and non-Epic integrated clinical systems. Evaluates workflows to troubleshoot and optimize improvement opportunities, testing and training of application functionality. This role will work with cross-functional IT and operational teams along with Executive Leadership.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Establishes a relationship with key customers and provides them with direct support in their role. Key customers include Revenue Cycle Management, UTP Operations, Central Billing and Scheduling Offices, Regional Informaticists, Training, Department Operations, Physician Champions, Clinic Managers, Healthcare IT Leadership and Subject Matter Experts.
2. Responsible for application and system optimization and improvement; formulating system scope and design objectives through analysis and research. Interfaces closely with clinical, revenue cycle and/or technical staff during all project phases, including unit testing, integration and user-acceptance testing, implementation, and post implementation support.
3. Serves as an escalation point from the business unit to IT, with an emphasis on implementing and supporting system maintenance and applications necessary to support business, financial, and operational needs.
4. May facilitate institution-wide clinical governance committees and coordination of system-wide enhancements to the electronic health record.
5. Investigates and presents alternative solutions including feasibility studies using results from vendor analysis/evaluations to senior leadership.
6. Manage the design of new solutions and optimizations that support business processes. Works with business partners, system architects, and training to design, modify, test, and implement new or improved business processes or modification to the IT system. Manages business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions
7. Collaborates with the project team, subject matter experts, training and technical teams to effect system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business and end user requirements while also considering impact to integrated components and standardization.
8. Assesses thoroughness and appropriateness of practice systems and suggests improvements to drive productivity as it relates to clinic processes, patient access, revenue cycle, reporting, and end user efficiency.
9. Supports strategies and methodologies to implement efficient and effective methods to furnish healthcare providers with accurate and timely information.
10. In partnership with the Director of Training and Marketing department, develops, coordinates and delivers communications regarding Epic-related training including, but not limited to newsletters, videos, webinars, and other written materials to supporting the change management process.
11. Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection; hiring and termination, training, development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Epic certification in Ambulatory and Professional Billing or Epic Clinical Informatics required.
Certification as project manager preferred.
Certified Lean Six Sigma preferred.
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office.
Strong communication – written and verbal.
Ability to conduct research into technology issues, standards and products.
Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Able to manage priorities, deadlines, and execute tasks.
Proactively communicates when risks and issues arise; takes appropriate action(s).
Bachelor’s degree required. May substitute required education with equivalent years of additional experience beyond the minimum experience requirement.
Five (5) years of related experience related to Revenue cycle and/or healthcare IT systems is required.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215