1. What was a question you had about this week’s content?
2. What is something you learned from this week’s content?
3. As looking for good virtual museums, I found all kinds of live webcams at aquariums and zoos. There are some fun ones out there! The pandemic has
changed so many things. Do a search and find a live webcam of an animal – make sure it is one you really like. Post the link in your forum post.
4. Think about the recommendations that the Hurst article made for how to improve STEM education. How can things like virtual museum tours or live
webcams meet some of those recommendations? What would you need to do to make the experience more aligned with their recommendations?
This list of readings and videos is curated in a specific order to help you learn the concepts. Please follow the specific order that they are presented
• Hurst et al (2019) Leveraging Research on Informal Learning to Inform Policy on Promoting Early STEM
• TED Talk: Let them be Scientists | Wendy Hawkins (8:17 min) https://www.ted.com/talks/wendy_hawkins_let_them_be_scientists
• TED Talk: The Case for Reforming STEM Education | Amara Berry (10:13 min)-