Choose a peer-reviewed journal article from the Social Problems journal in our library database. The article must have been published no later than 2011. For this assignment, you must:
• Summarize the article
• Evaluate the article to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
o base your summary and evaluation from the discipline of sociology and its recognition of the relationship between human behavior, social systems, and social forces.
o Do not base your evaluation criteria on personal opinion or value judgements.
In completing this article review assignment, you must:
• identify the article’s main point (i.e. thesis)
• summarize the literature review
• describe the research method(s) used
• describe the evidence/data presented (i.e. results)
• explain the article’s contribution(s) to the field of sociology
• evaluate the limitations of the study
Use the following steps when completing your assignment:
1. Use the UHD library website to find a peer-reviewed journal article about a social problem claim. Make sure it was published no later than 2011.
2. Provide a properly formatted ASA citation for your chosen article. (NOTE: The entire paper does not need to be in ASA format – just your chosen article which will go on your work cited page).
3. Write a brief summary of your chosen article. This response should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs. [Components: article’s thesis, summary of the literature review] 4. Describe the research method(s) used by the research investigator(s). This response should be at least 1 paragraph in length. [Components: research methods].
5. Describe what the study found and what it contributed to the field of sociology. This response should be at least 1 paragraph long. [Components: the evidence/data presented (i.e. results), contribution(s) to the field of sociology].
6. Describe the limitations of the study. (Consider research design issues, methodological issues, and ethical issues). This response should be at least 1 paragraph long. [Components: limitations of the study].
• UHD Library Website: https://www.uhd.edu/library/Pages/library-index.aspx
• Social Problems Journal Link: https://academic-oup-com.ezproxy.uhd.edu/socpro
• Article Review Example: Available in the project folder on Blackboard
• ASA Style Guide: https://www.asanet.org/sites/default/files/savvy/documents/teaching/pdfs/Quick_Tips_for_ASA_Style.pdf