Watch the assigned video below multiple times to observe and reflect upon the
demonstrations and examples of professional commitment, application of child
development and learning theories, developmentally appropriate practice, observation
and assessment, and behavior guidance.
Write a reflective essay demonstrating understanding and critical thinking regarding the
concepts communicated through the video.
Write your name and the video’s title on the top of the paper. Begin the reflection by
describing the video’s main point and why it is important. Then, write one paragraph for
each of the four prompts you have chosen from the six provided below.
1. Compare your thoughts on the topic to those expressed in the video.
2. Explain why you agree/disagree with a statement made in the video. Include the
quote and the role of the quoted person (teacher, parent, director, etc.).
3. Identify a developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) and describe how you saw
4. Provide a specific classroom application of new knowledge gained from the
5. Describe something that inspired you or caused you to want to explore the topic
6. Connect something from the video to your experience or prior knowledge of the