Choose your own adventure (CYOA) research topic paper
Pick a contemporary issue that you are interested in and frame it within the lens of one of the PRST emphasis
• Sport Management
• Recreation Administration
• Natural Resources Recreation Management
• Tourism Development
And your own personal leisure philosophy. For instance, you might want to further explore the dynamic of clim
change and tourism, or you might want to examine how technology is changing sports. Once you have choseyour issue and emphasis area, you will source scholarly articles on that topic. After reading them, you will
integrate the academic information you have learned (facts, figures, theories, etc.) into a two-page paper
discussing its significance in your chosen emphasis area, bring in your own thoughts and reflections on the to
based on our personal leisure philosophy.
Read the articles, think about them and relate them to what you have learned this semester, and write a two
Note: These research papers are not a personal narrative using first person, nor is it a report on your finding
about your topic. Instead, it is a piece of writing that requires a more abstract, critical, and thoughtful level of
inquiry. Writing a strong research paper means you familiarized yourself with the writing of experts on your
chosen topic (through your scholarly articles), and then compared their opinions, finding, etc., with your own
thinking (your personal leisure philosophy and what you have learned during this course). So, you will need to
refer to (quote, even) your expert sources to support a claim (or thesis) you make about your topic. You job is
integrate evidence and your personal insights and connect these to your own assertion of a personal philosop
In your research topic paper make sure to:
• State your chosen contemporary issue and emphasis area.
• Present the contemporary issue and state how that issue should be approached from your personal philosop
• Cite your journal sources. You are required to have at least five sources (listed on your reference list), with a
minimum of three scholarly research articles required. You must cite at least three of the sources in your pape
• Concisely demonstrate an understanding and application of the concept taught during this course. Concepts
should be integrated into your own insights.
• In-depth discussion and elaboration in all section of the paper.
• Tie tighter information from all sources. While you much use heading to separate the different sections of yo
paper, your writing should flow from one issue to the next without relying on the headings. If you need a refres
on how to use section headings, you can find that there: APA 7th edition style.
• Be sure to list your resources and include in-text citation using APA 7th edition style
• Use headings to organize the sections of your paper
• Use one-inch margins
• Paper should a full 2 pages
• Time New Roman or Times 12-point font
• Double Space your paper
• Include a reference list (does not count towards your page limit)
• Include a title for the paper