Module 5: NTU Psychotherapy Script (graded)
The purpose of this assignment is to integrate principles of indigenous healing methods with Western models of social work intervention.
• CO6: Integrate non-Western healing and wellness methods into psychosocial interventions with individuals, groups, and families.
Total Points: 125
The NTU Psychotherapy Script is worth 125 points and will be graded on application of NTU psychotherapy core concepts, stages, and conceptualization of presenting problems, resolution and follow-up, as well as Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization and effectiveness based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria and rubric.
1. Create your paper using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
2. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your assignment may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
3. The length of the paper is to be no less than 5 pages and no greater than 7 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
4. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface): Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association.
Write a script of a dialogue between social worker and client applying the principles, methods, and stages of NTU psychotherapy. Begin with a description of the client’s presenting problems, cultural background, family situation, socioeconomic situation, and any other salient factors. Imagine that this is the second meeting, after goals have been established. Given that the phases of NTU psychotherapy can all occur in a singe session, have the social worker and client move through them all, knowing that further work will likely need to be completed. Complete your assignment by summarizing the client’s progress, anticipating what further therapeutic tasks remain, and identifying outstanding issues that may need to be addressed at family, community, and/or organizational levels.
You have several options for choosing your imagined client. You may put yourself in the client’s position and imagine how a social worker well-trained in NTU would respond to you. You may choose someone well known to you but disguise their identity. You may create a character using your imagination. Or you may choose a public figure, either historical or living.
Your paper will be graded based on following criteria:
Criteria Points Description
Conceptualization of presenting problems 20 Client’s problem s are defined in terms of NTU view of spirituality and Nguzo Saba principles.
Use of NTU stages of psychotherapy 40 All five stages (Harmony, Awareness, Alignment, Actualize, and Synthesis) are demonstrated in the script and are labeled next to the client’s speaking turns as they begin.
Use of NTU principles of psychotherapy 40 The social worker in the script demonstrates all five principles of NTU psychotherapy (harmony, balance, interconnectedness, authenticity, and cultural awareness) and these are labeled next to relevant social worker speaking turns.
Summary of progress and next steps 15 Summary of session includes client progress, further work to be done, and issues that may need to be addressed at family, community, or organizational levels.
Clarity of writing/APA format 10 • Title page and body of paper are in APA format.
• Presents information using clear and concise language in an organized manner (NO errors in English grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation).
Total 125 A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.