Policy Analysis Scholarly Paper
In this assignment, students will examine the selected bill from last assignment and critically analyze and evaluate the context in which the area of concern or issue relates to the policy making process.
1. State the selected bill including the bill number and title.
• Title: Nurse Staffing Standards for Hospital Patient Safety and Quality Care Act of 2019
• Bill Number: S.1357
2. Provide a summary of the issue or problem related to the chosen state or federal bill
3. Describe the background information related to the issue or problem, include key regulatory and legislative history and any related data from the last assignment (Policy Brief)
4. Identify all direct and/or indirect stakeholders and stakeholder position on the area(s) of concern.
5. Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the bill.
6. Evaluate how issues in the bill will affect stakeholders at an institutional, local, state, and federal level.
7. Using the Essentials of Master’s Education (LINK BELOW), propose two ways the master’s prepared nurse leader can act as a change agent, contribute to the policy-making process, and advocate for quality, cost-effective care.
• Reference for paper:
o American Association of Colleges of Nursing (2011). The essentials of master’s education in nursing. Washington, D.C. Retrieved from https://www.aacnnursing.org/portals/42/publications/mastersessentials11.pdf
1. The scholarly paper should be in narrative format, 5 to 6 pages excluding the title and reference page.
2. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
3. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
4. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner; except for the self-plagiarized material utilized for assignment criteria 1, 2, and 3.
5. Include three professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich’s Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
6. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).