Cover page: Make sure to include class name, your name and id #, experiment name, due date, and
2. Purpose section: Include an introduction/purpose/objective section stating the purpose of the
3. Materials section: Include all materials in materials section including organism name correctly formatted
(Full genus and species when mentioning first time, genus initial and species thereafter. Organism name
should be italicized or underlined).
4. Methods section: Include all logical steps with pictures (colored) neatly.
5. Results section: Include a diagram of the results (colored).
6. Commentary/discussion section: This is the most important section. You need to talk about what the
purpose of the experiment was and how that was achieved. That is, relate the steps of your method to how
it helped achieve the purpose. In the case of streak plate, you needed to talk about the purpose (to get
isolated pure colonies) and how that was achieved (Each quadrant diluted the sample and thinned it out
leading to isolated colonies)
7. Reference section – Include at least 2 references properly formatted (preferably ASM style)
8. Make sure your LTP is neat, properly punctuated, formatted, and edited for spellings and grammatical