POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDERS (PTSD) in people from refugee background:
The word limit for this assignment is 1000 words
APA 6th edition referencing system.
identify and analyse the above topic related to social work in mental health using relevant literature
1. Define the Area explored (1 sentence)
2. Why is this an important area for social work practice in mental health? (150 words)
3. Identify 8 research articles that address this problem. You can use first-person accounts. Also use 3 client stories derived from the internet, or web-based pages, and another 3 of the articles must be journal articles (peer-reviewed). Provide an overall summary of the research in this area as developed in the research articles.
4. Compare and contrast the perspectives and findings of the articles
5. Identify how this research would shape social work practice in the area chosen
You may use following stories and/ or articles or have another of your choice:
3. How young refugees’ traumatic pasts shape their mental health
Articles: you may choose any 3 from or have your own choice:
2. Psychological interventions for post-traumatic stress disorder in refugees and asylum seekers: A systematic review and meta-analysis
3. Evoked potential correlates of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in refugees with history of exposure to torture
4. A Follow-Up on Psychiatric Symptoms and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders in Tuareg Refugees in Burkina Faso
5. The effect of flexible cognitive-behavioural therapy and medical treatment, including antidepressants on post-traumatic stress disorder and depression in traumatised refugees: pragmatic randomised controlled clinical trial