1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the logistic function concepts and theories as well as supply chain management strategies. (Lo.1.1)
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues pertaining to supply chain integration and strategic supply chain partnership (Lo 1.2).
3. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles. (Lo 2.1)
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities.
Use the Saudi digital Library (SDL) search engine.
Search Title: THE BENEFITS OF LEAN MANUFACTURING what lean thinking offers the process Industries
Authors Name: Melton,T
Source: In 7th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Research and Design June 2005 83(6):662-673
Read out the research paper carefully and based on your understanding you should answer the following questions.
1. Why do Manufacturing Companies focus on Lean Thinking? (500 words)- (5Marks)
2. What is meant by the term overproduction? Why do you think this has been described as the biggest waste of all? (500 words)- (5Marks)
3. Assess the reasons for using lean thinking. What are the benefits of using lean thinking from Suppliers to end users? (500 words) -(5Marks)
· Reference should be included.