The purpose of this assignment is to have students engage in organizational change as leaders at their agencies or have previous work experience.
· CO 3: Develop a professional identity with clarity about the social work domain, values, ethics, clinical privileges, and responsibilities.
· CO 5: Apply critical thinking skills when integrating multiple sources of knowledge, data, and research to analyze theories and perspectives on human development and behavior.
Work must be submitted in a Word document with an APA 7th edition cover page and a reference page.
1. Provide an introduction to your paper.
2. Develop a plan for an organizational change initiative to address a weak area identified in an organization, such as your internship or job, and use the below application of the Eight-Step Change Management Model below:
a. Creating a sense of urgency: external forces, force field analysis, internal indicators, high-performance standards, share data (e.g., management audit, employee survey); the target for change (all staff, selected staff, upper management, etc.)
b. Building the coalition for change: sponsor, champion, people with credibility, power, interest, informal leaders; formal group, e.g., steering committee, task forces; cross-functional representation from all levels (“diagonal slice”); communication systems
c. Clarifying the change imperative: problems, visions, resources needed, written contract including outcomes, legitimacy, communicating the vision
d. Assessing the present: strengths, obstacles, organizational readiness
e. Developing a plan for change: strategies, processes, activities, short-term successes, who will be involved
f. Dealing with the human factors: communication; resistance; involvement of staff; new skills, knowledge, and attitudes; incentives
g. Acting quickly and revising frequently: quick results, timetables, involvement, monitoring, institutionalization
h. Evaluating and celebrating the change: assessing results, celebration, rewards
3. Justify the inclusion of certain individuals in the leadership positions of the management model
4. Recommend the process in which you can assess success of self and others in the process (leaders and followers)
5. What will be the recommendations for enhancing the leadership of the organization?
6. What are the recommendations based on the above for including leadership content in education, and how will you do that?
7. Begin your conclusion with how this informs your understanding of the importance of leadership in social work practice.
Directions and Grading Criteria
Introduction to the paper
Provide clear and detailed plan for organizational change using the Eight-Step Model (see 2a under Requirements and Guidelines above)
Develop a plan for an organizational change initiative to address a weak area identified in an organization, such as your internship or job, and use the below application of the Eight-Step Change Management Model.
Justify leadership positions in your model/answer
Explain and justify the inclusion of individuals in leadership positions in your answer.
Provide recommendations on the process
Recommend the process in which you can assess success of self and others (leaders and followers).
Provide recommendations for enhancement of leadership
What will be the recommendations for enhancing the leadership of the organization?
Explain ways to include leadership content in education
What are the recommendations based on the above for including leadership content in education, and how will you do that? Explain in detail different ways to include leadership content in education.
Provides a summation of thoughts.
Clarity of writing
· Use of standard English grammar and sentence structure
· No spelling errors or typographical errors
· Organized around the required components using appropriate headers