Job Package Assignment
The goal of this assignment is to create the type of documents you will need to obtain a job. Your
job package will consist of an online job posting, a job application letter, and a resume.
Letter Guidelines: use 12 pt. size font; must be a single page; follow standard business letter
format. Remember, know your audience!!!
Resume Guidelines: must be a single page; include three references on a separate page, use
descriptive, active language; utilize an effective layout and design appropriate for the field in
which you wish to obtain a job.
Rough Draft Peer Review Final Draft
Wed. 12/1 Mon. 12/6 Wed. 12/8
1. Find an online job posting for a position you would consider applying for, either now or after
obtaining your degree. Keep in mind the posting you select should have detailed information
about the position being offered and specific contact information for the company. You may look
at job search engines, such as www.linkedin.com, www.indeed.com, or www.monster.com, or
specific company or organization websites. You will need to include the online posting with your
job portfolio, so be sure to print or save a copy of it.
Note: Job postings frequently disappear when a position is filled, or they may be updated
continuously by employers. Therefore, as soon you find a job posting you like, print or save it.
2. After finding a job posting, conduct research to learn more about the prospective employer. Is
it a small or large company? What field of work is the job? Does the company produce goods or
provide services? What opportunities are there for growth and advancement? This information
will be helpful as you begin working on your resume and application letter.
3. Using the information in your text and the examples in D2L, create a resume that highlights
the skills and talents you possess. Remember to organize the information in a way that
showcases your skills and will be most appealing to the potential employer.
4. Look back at the job posting and information you found in your research. Write an application
letter that effectively persuades the reader of your abilities and interest in the position.
5. Submit ALL THREE of the items in your job portfolio to the appropriate drop box in D2L:
a) Job Posting, b) Application Letter, and c) Resume.