produce a detailed essay, which includes the research question (i.e. exactly what the research aims to ascertain), the analytical framework (i.e. which
theories/concepts/methodologies will be used in the essay) and the essay structure (i.e. an indication of the different sections that will constitute your essay
and how these will be organized).
Course topic: Religion and Conflict
– An Historical Introduction to Religion and Conflict
– Secularism and Religion: Talal Asad and others
– Secularism and Religion: Nandy and Bhargava
– Ethnicity and Religious Conflict
– Religious Conflict and International Relations
– Religion and Violence: Debates
– Religion and Protest: Mahatma Gandhi
– Religion and Protest: Rev. Martin Luther King
– Religion and Society: Islam in Britain
essay topic: Free to choose but the writer must tell me the topic selected before proceeding to ensure it is not general. The topic must tie in strongly to
international relations and Diplomacy + must use theories, methodologies, and concepts.