Write a letter to Bakari F. Burns (D-6) Orlando city council
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER
1. Research and Learn about the Orlando City Council’s History
2. Research and Learn about the District that corresponds to you
3. Research and Learn about your Council Member. Find out everything you can about him/her so you can
appeal to his/her interests through your letter.
4. Choose a topic related to immigration to support your letter’s mission.
Some examples of immigration reform legislation seek to:
include an accessible pathway to citizenship for the millions of people without documentation, including
those who would benefit from the DREAM act;
maintain family unity in all elements of the immigration system;
protect the most vulnerable, especially refugees and asylum seekers;
respect the rights of U.S. and immigrant workers and
ensure the human rights of immigrant families are protected as immigration laws are enforced.
5. Make sure to address the border crisis and if you want, mention the Docuseries directed by Dr. Pons
titled “A Break for Impact”. If you want to re-read/watch what the docuseries was about, here are the links.
UCF News Article (October 29, 2020)
Docuseries on Border Immigration Link