Prior to completing this discussion, be sure to read Chapter 3 in Brown and Green (2020), Kaufman and Guerra-López (2015), and Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (2020). This discussion is an opportunity to practice assessing instructional needs, which is the first step in any instructional design process. Remember that the organization, problem, and audience you identify this week become the basis for the remaining assignments, several discussions, and your final paper in this course. Please review the Week 3 Instructor Guidance page and the Discussion Grading Rubric before participating.
Initial Post: Imagine you are an instructional designer working for a financial, insurance, health care, or government contractor company. Next, imagine that the organization has a problem that can be addressed through training. Compose an initial reply that addresses the components listed below. Use APA in this response for citations and headings for each of the components listed below and the references page:
· Industry and Problem: State which industry (finance, insurance, health care, government) you are working for and give the organization a fictitious name. In the same section, describe a problem or need to be addressed and why. This problem may be one that you have personally experienced, or it could be one that you create for the purpose of this discussion.
· Impact and Stakeholders: Identify the key stakeholders involved in implementing the change and describe the impact the change is expected to have for each stakeholder group.
· Rationale for Instructional Intervention: Explain why instruction is the best approach to addressing the problem or need. Be sure to explain the consequences of not addressing the problem or need. Support the justification using scholarly or otherwise credible resources. You may the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Crediable Source tip sheetLinks to an external site. to assist you with this component.
Critical Thinking Guidance: To help meet the critical thinking requirement, your post should do at least one of the following:
· analyze or evaluate information,
· make connections to other concepts in the class,
· provide examples that support your thoughts and viewpoints,
· share personal experiences relevant to the post,
· cite sources that support what you are stating in your post, or
· offer alternative viewpoints