1) Choose one of the follow topics related to use in healthcare
1. Telehealth (note difference between telehealth and telemedicine)
4. Big Data Analytics
5. Precision Medicine
6. Artificial Intelligence
7. Virtual Reality
Please do not combine these informatics topics – each is very large in its own right.
2) Once you have selected a topic, please pick a focus area- could be use of this specific area of healthcare informatic as it related to a specific population group or focus on improvement of a specific healthcare condition.
3) Sections of Paper:
1. First page must be your TurnItIn score of 10% or less
2. APA formatted title page
3. Explanation of the health informatics topic and your focus area.
4. Discuss how this is part of health informatics.
5. Explore how this part of healthcare informatics impacts healthcare delivery
6. Discuss any opportunities this informatics area can bring to help improve
7. Explain any threats this informatics area might bring to the delivery of healthcare
8. Consider ethical issues related to this healthcare informatics area.
9. Discuss workforce needed to implement this type of health informatics in an entity.
10. APA formatted bibliography
Note: Bibliography should contain a minimum of 6 evidence-based journal sources (this is a journal that publishes peer-reviewed article). It is not your textbook. Sources should be no older than 2017. Additional non-peer-reviewed sources can be used but please make sure to reference these using appropriate APA format and they do not count as part of the 6 evidence-based sources. \
Essay Length: APA formatted, double spaced 15 pages (please do not request extra pages) This 15 page limit does NOT include Turn it In Report, Title Page or Bibliography.
Essay Grading Rubric
100% 75% 50% 0% Total
Exceptional introduction that grabs interest of reader and states topic.
Thesis is exceptionally clear, well-developed, and a definitive statement.
Proficient introduction that is interesting and states topic.
Thesis is clear and arguable statement of position. Basic introduction that states topic but lacks interest.
Thesis is somewhat clear and arguable. Weak or no introduction of topic.
Paper’s purpose is unclear/thesis is weak or missing.
Content knowledge: Quality of Research
Paper is exceptionally researched, contains minimum of 6 current (2017 or later ) peer reviewed journal articles and the 6 articles relate to the thesis argument in a logical manner. References are correctly cited. Information relates to the main topic. Paper is well-researched in detail and from 6 good sources but not peer reviewed journal article. References are correctly cited Information relates to the main topic, but few details and/or examples are given. Shows a limited variety of sources. References are not cited correctly Information has little or nothing to do with the thesis.
Information has weak or no connection to the thesis. References are not cited correctly.
Content application: Support of Thesis and Analysis
Exceptionally critical, relevant, and consistent connections made between evidence and thesis. Excellent analysis. Consistent connections made between evidence and thesis. Good analysis. Some connections made between evidence and thesis. Some analysis. limited or no connections made between evidence and thesis. Lack of analysis.
Excellent summary of thesis argument with concluding ideas that impact reader.
Introduces no new information.
Good summary of topic with clear concluding ideas.
Introduces no new information. Basic summary of topic with some final concluding ideas.
Introduces no new information. Lack of summary of topic.
Introduces no new information.
Writing is clear and relevant, with no grammatical and/or spelling errors – polished and professional. Reference section properly formatted. Most ideas are stated clearly and are related to the topic, with only minor grammatical and/or spelling errors. Reference section adequate. Many ideas require clarification and/or are off-topic or have marginal relevance to the assignment. Many grammatical and/or spellings errors throughout the paper. The paper is very challenging to read due to poor writing flow.
Improper reference section.
Paper does not meet the criteria for the assignment (too short or incomplete, too long, and/or completely off-topic).
PLEASE NOTE; It is not acceptable to directly copy material from any source, including the work a student who previously took this course. If direct copying is found to be present in your paper you will receive a 0 as well as potential referral to the graduate Dean of Students. Please see statement in the syllabus related to accidental or intentional plagiarism and fabrication.