VIDEO DISCUSSION: GPS RESEARCH PRESENTATION PROJECT ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare a visual presentation that covers a GPS platform of your choice. This may be any GPS unit from an EFB to an airline FMS and anything in-between. Be sure to discuss the technology advanced aircraft systems and how they have or have not made general aviation flight safer.
Your presentation should be a minimum of 10 slides with appropriate references. Current APA formatting is expected where applicable. You will then narrate your PowerPoint in a video form using KALTURA and post the video within the Module 8: Week 8’s Discussion Thread. You will also reply to two of your classmate’s presentations (min 150 words). Submit your Initial video thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) Thursday and reply to 2 other classmates’ videos by 11:59 p.m. (ET) Friday of Module 8: Week 8.
The visual presentation must include a 5-minute minimum recorded Narrated PowerPoint presentation. Be creative with your presentations. It is recommended that you use Kaltura to create your Narrated PowerPoint. If you are not comfortable with Kaltura, you must use a technology medium that allows you to present with a visual representation and capture your PowerPoint, your face, and audio.
Within the presentation, you must include and cite from appropriate sources.
The instructor cannot provide technical assistance for your video creation, but for instructions on how to post a video please see the Resources section for instructions regarding submitting a video into a discussion.
Helpful hints and expectations:
• Do not read directly from your PowerPoint in the video, but communicate the most significant ideas in a format as if you were presenting, teaching, or lecturing to an audience.
• You may use notes, but maintain eye contact with the camera as you would an audience.
• Your face must be visible as you speak.
• Use the created PowerPoint recorded as a screen-capture and ensure that your face is also visible on the screen along with the screen-capture.
• Test the video yourself or have someone else test it before you submit it. A common error is that the video does not work for the instructor to see your presentation.
Post-First: This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussions. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt.