Global Business Management
Assessment 2: Knowledge-based +Case Study Analysis of a global company
(Schlumberger in USA) 5000 words
After reading this report, please see the sample report to have a better understanding of this assignment.
1- Assessment Requirements
• The report content will be a detailed and with critical analysis of an international company and its international activities, as focused on one specific country or region. (Schlumberger in USA).
• The structure of the report is detailed in accordance with the structure of the module and must follow all the topics below.
1- Introduction (This section is the introduction to the main text and is intended to describe the background of the work, state the reasons for the investigation and what benefits will result in the long term. You should repeat, and briefly expand on, the points made in the abstract. Bear in mind this is the ‘INTRODUCTION’ to the entire project report and NOT just an introduction to the general subject area of your project. As such it should touch on all aspects of the following chapters. It is a guide to what follows in your project report in much the same way as the abstract is a VERY short description of the work. It should include an indication of the contents of the various chapters of the report.
1.2 – The Context of International Business
1.3 – Global Economy and Country Competitiveness
1.4 – Key Economic Data and Trends
2- Strategies for Global Businesses.
2.1 Strategies Analysis (Must include 3 tables here
SWOT ANALYSIS, Porter’s five forces analysis, PESTEL analysis).
2.2 Strategic Development.
3. Stakeholders in the International Business.
3.1 Internal Stakeholders.
3.2 External Stakeholders.
3.3 Stakeholder Prioritisation (Include 1 figure Mendelow’s matrix).
4. Cross-cultural management and leadership
4.1 Country or regional cultural comparisons (Do a comparison between Schlumberger in USA VS Qatar)
4.2 Managing the Cross-Cultural Organization: (Do a Case of Schlumberger USA)
5. International Trade and Investment (How and What?)
5.1 International Trade
5.2 International Investment (Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
6.0 International Marketing
6.1 Market Intelligence and Analysis
6.2 Market Segmentation (Market segmentation analysis of Schlumberger USA).
6.3 Managing the Marketing Mix How? (Do one table of the 7 Ps Marketing mix of Schlumberger USA).
7.0 Global business operations
7.1 Value Chain (Support & Primary activities in Schlumberger value chain.)
7.2 Supply Chain in Schlumberger
7.3 Managing quality in Schlumberger
8.0 Technology and the international business
8.1 Cyber Security and Education Awareness….How?
9.0 Conclusion, Summary of the research findings and analysis.
10. Recommendations (Do a table).
After finishing this assignment, please choose a topic of this report. Some Sample Topic Headings below:
a) The impact of Global Business and Government IT
Initiatives: Case Study: P & G.
b) On the Investigation of Technology Usage in Global
Businesses for Growth and Expansion – Case Study of ….
c) Towards the Implementation of …..in Global Business –
Case Study of ……and many more…etc.
The above is simply samples:
NB: You MUST decide your topics heading as relevant to your
report and this are entirely up to you to make such a decision on
what you are writing on, heading and choice of topics
• Requested tables 5 (you can use more if you want)
1- SWOT ANALYSIS
2- Porter’s five forces analysis,
3- PESTEL analysis
4- Mendelow’s matrix
5- 7 Ps Marketing mix
• For each section carry out in-depth research about the company and country (or region) that you have selected, based on the topics covered during module and on your own research.
• Finally, you will need to carry out an evaluation of the company’s strategy and market position.
• You should include an introduction to the chosen company which describes in detail its business areas, its international reach and how it is organized.
• Key products or services, particularly those sold in the countries examined should also be described in detail.
1. Font size should be Verdana 12, Line and Paragraph Spacing should be 1.5, each section of the topic should be in BLACK BOLD.
2. Diagrams may be used if they help the explanation. A single column, justified format should be used.
3. Use of Tables and Figures are allowed. Tables – describing details information as relevant to case study. Figures – illustrating the statistical data and analysis of related information of the case study.
4. Use of the Harvard method of citation is required as this is the clearest. In the text, a reference to the source is made by using the author’s surname and year of publication, with full reference at the end of your paper.