· Give at least 200 – 300 words in your response.
· Give questions some thought and answer honestly and sincerely
· Give examples if you have them
· Cite resources, not more than one
• Your 79, year old female patient suffered a stroke 6 months ago. She is cared for in her sister’s home. The patient is dependent for position changes. She is unable to communicate the need to be turned. She must be fed at all meals. She has a stage II pressure injury on her sacral area.
Questions: • Develop a teaching plan for the family to ensure that the patient’s needs are met.
No single word responses (At least 100+ words in your response. Repeating the question in the answer does not count towards the 100+ words)
Cite resources, not more than one
Directions: •With the realization that pain is highly prevalent among older adults, please answer the following questions.
1. What are some ways you as the nurse can utilize to determine pain in the older adult? 2. What are some of the potential barriers related to self-reporting of pain in the older adult? 3. What is the prevalence of pain in the older adult? 4. Describe and compare your findings for each of the following: a. Numeric rating scale b. Visual analog scale c. McGill pain questionnaire d. Pain in dementia patients
• Apply critical thinking through participation of selected topics • Engage in thoughtful discourse with peers • Incorporate topic discussion into clinical judgment and decision making within the setting
Directions: Musculoskeletal • A 72, year old man lived a fairly sedentary lifestyle as an accountant. Now that he is retired, he recognizes the need to be active to maintain his health as long as possible. He is concerned, however, that it is too late for him to start exercising because he has never engaged in such activities.
Part 1: • The original post must be at least 200 – 300 words in length • What encouragement, if any can you give him? • What suggestions can you make for an exercise program?