Week 4 Assignment (DRAFT)
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the Eliminating the Seven Deadly Wastes article. https://www.proquest.com/trade-journals/eliminating-seven-deadly-wastes/docview/2328344502/se-2?accountid=32521
For this assignment, select a company with which you are familiar, preferably one where you have been employed (United Parcel Service UPS or the U.S. Department of Defense), and consider a process within that company that could be improved. This could be a business process, a manufacturing process, a distribution process, or a service process that you have observed or been involved with during your career.
Using your course textbook and University of Arizona Global Campus Library research, prepare a recommended process improvement proposal that incorporates tools and methods learned in this course.
In your paper, you should
· Describe the company and how the selected process fits into the overall framework of the company.
· Create a step-by-step description of the current process incorporating a process flow chart.
· Analyze the current process for inefficiencies.
· Develop a process improvement recommendation including a detailed plan incorporating business process engineering theory and including benchmarking the reengineered process to a close business competitor.
· The process should be designed to be more efficient, using appropriate tools and methods learned throughout the course, including capacity utilization improvements and statistical quality control models.
· Explain possible challenges in implementing the process changes.
· Assess the expected benefits of the improved process and the potential benefits.
The Process Improvement paper
· Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA Style
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper in bold font
· Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
· Student’s name
· Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Due date
· Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least two credible or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Cente