Film 2 Assignment:
Watch the film: It’s a Girl.
1. How many babies did the first person interviewed in the film kill?
2. In the film, “It’s a girl”, what re the ways listed
a) to explain why female children die?
b) to describe how newborns are killed in India?
3. What are the reasons that families want their first child to be a boy
a. by Glory Das in India
b. in China?
4. What are the effects of son preference on adult women in the two
5. In both China and India, stories were presented showing facets of
gendercide affecting both poor families and more middle class families.
How does income level affect the choices and opportunities for people
who face gendercide and its consequences.
6. By the end of the film, a reason is given for the deaths in question 1.
Why did this person decide that they should kill the babies?
7. Provide a film related question to discuss in class.