Review the assigned reading, “The Elliot Richardson Lecture 2008: Ethics in Times of Crisis,” paying particular attention to the documentation of some of the bureaucratic problems that occurred during the Hurricane Katrina crisis in New Orleans.
Ethics is not usually considered part of emergency management. As this article indicates however, ethics can play a large part in how crisis situations are handled from different perspectives, including bureaucratic considerations.
In an essay (750-1,000 words), address the following:
1. What were the key issues this article discusses?
2. Do these issues seem to be germane today?
3. Address the ethical conundrums for each area discussed.
4. Do you agree with the article? Why or why not? Defend your answer with evidence.
5. As a new emergency manager, discuss how this article will impact your foundation for ethical considerations.
Directly quoted source material may not exceed 10% of the paper’s content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.