1. What is the common name for the species? The scientific name?
2. What is the difference between a threatened and an endangered species? Is your selected
species threatened or endangered?
3. Where is this species found within the United States? Describe the habitat in which it thrives.
4. What is the average life span of the species? Please note that life spans may differ for males
and females of the same species. If this is true of your species, be sure to include the life spans
5. List at least three interesting facts about your selected species.
6. What are the current population estimates for this species? Survival trends?
7. Why is this species threatened or endangered? List the factors that have contributed to the
species being placed on the Endangered List.
8. Why is it important to save this species? What potential environmental damage might be
incurred if the species were to become extinct?
9. What are the impediments to conservation efforts?