EPR 511 : Entrepreneurship & New Ventures (-)
Assessment Guidelines “Business Report for a new venture”
Develop a group business idea for a new venture, implementing the theoretical material you have covered. Groups should ideally be of two people or three. This assignment is intended to be the application of theory so we do not want theory reproduced, but the application of theory to the project.
The team will then write a business report that is no longer than 30 pages of texts and exhibits.
It Is important to note what was your contribution and what was the contribution of others.
The business report is used the course outline. Therefore, there is no need to reference material in an academic sense but demonstrate application of principles.
The project plan should cover all of the elements of the course and should also cover the following:
1. Executive Summary
· Up to 250 word description of what the business idea is;
· Where is the project located;
· Who is the owner and sponsor (they may be the same organisation);
3. Factors Influencing the Entrepreneurs in this venture
4. Innovation Imperatives
· Explain is the new venture Incremental or Radical innovation and why?
5. Visualizing Opportunity
· In general, by looking into you and your team, the market, and the competition.
6. Sources of New Ideas
7. Opportunity Assessment
· Product or services, or both, Market, Team, Steps
8. Business Model Canvas
9. Blue Ocean Strategy
10. Feasibility Analysis
· Product or Service Feasibility, Target Market Feasibility, Organizational Feasibility.
11. Financial Plan