Discussion: Empowering Change
In order for change to be effective, the organization, managers, and leaders need to provide resources and training necessary to be successful. In addition, it is important that all stakeholders feel they have a voice in the decision-making process. As discussed in this week’s resources, these strategies empower stakeholders to take action. You empower action when you provide both the tools and the structure necessary to enable change.
Reflect on what you know about utilizing rewards to facilitate change, motivate stakeholders, and address barriers to change.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
Laureate Education (Producer). (2012f). Step 5: Empowering for broad-based action. Baltimore, MD: Author. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Employees First, Customers Second: Why It Really Works in the Market (forbes.com)
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following :
· Examine who in your organization or community you empower. Analyze how a manager or leader might engage “disempowered” stakeholders.
· Recall your participation in a major change. Analyze how you or your colleagues were empowered.
· Based on your experiences, examine the most significant barrier that prevents employees from accepting or participating in change. Outline how you, as a manager or leader, can mitigate the challenges such barriers impose.
· Outline the steps you will emphasize to empower stakeholders when important, much-needed change is unwelcomed.
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing