Assignment: Developing a Change Plan – Step 5, Empower Action
This week, you will continue working on your Change Plan, focusing on Step 5 of Kotter’s eight-stage change process. Empowering action and mitigating barriers are key steps to consider when developing an effective change plan. Reflect on your change plan thus far. What barriers might you face when implementing your plan? What steps can be taken to eliminate these barriers? Are there any changes you might consider making to your plan or communication strategy to prevent possible barriers?
For this stage of your Change Plan, you will design a formal plan for removing barriers to change and providing stakeholders the necessary tools to empower action toward your vision.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
Kotter, J. P., & Cohen, D. S. (2002). The heart of change: Real-life stories of how people change their organizations. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press.
· Step 5, “Empower Action”
Complete Step 5 of your Change Plan , compose a cohesive document that addresses the following for the organization or community you chose in Week 2:
· Identify structural barriers that could potentially prevent employees from feeling empowered to change, and outline how you would remove these barriers.
· Outline the training and support needed to be successful with this change.
· Outline the tools and resources needed to empower stakeholders.
· Develop a plan that ensures all current systems aligns to the new vision.
· Identify potentially troublesome stakeholders that might not buy into the change. Create a plan for helping potentially troublesome stakeholders get on board with the change.
· Break down how your plan empowers others and analyze the benefits of feeling positive toward the change process and feeling empowered to participate.
· 2–3 pages in length
· No plagiarism
· APA citing