Empirical Article Analysis
write a summary and critique of a scholarly journal article on a topic of interest to you that you may later use for your research paper. The article that you select must be a SCHOLARLY JOURNAL ARTICLE retrieved ONLY from a library resource such as Psycharticles. This assignment must be in APA format (you will use your Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association as a guide).
Formatting: Always use essay format, Times New Roman 12pt font, and double-space. Between sentences always use two spaces.
1. Write a 2-3 page analysis on an article of your choice from the psycharticles database.
2. In the body of your paper, include responses to the following questions:
1. What was the hypothesis of the study?
2. Did the authors find support for the study?
3. Discuss the logic of the argument (i.e., what inspired the researchers to conduct the study/focus on the topic?).
4. Summarize the procedures of the study.
5. What possible directions for future research have been proposed?
6. What flaws in methodology can you think of?
7. What would you do to improve the study?
8. What new research ideas do you now have that were inspired by the study?