4170 Participation – Discussion Board
Please see link below, just in case you cannot open video:
Title of video: A Balance Sheet Example
Balance Sheet Facts (Related to video)
Balance Sheet Facts.pdf
TWO (2) posts are required for each discussion forum. Try to make your first initial post (response to the discussion question) by Saturday and your next posts (response to other students’ posts) by Sunday.
A) After reading Chapters 4: Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth, Chapter 5: Revenue (Inflow) and watching the video on Balance Sheet Basics answer the following questions below by using one (1) of the presentation methods:
o 1-2 pages essay summary (on a word document) (Response to all of the initial discussion board questions below)
Address the following Questions:
For this discussion, you can do a google search or search some of the major articles/ balance sheets. Do not use Wikipedia.
1) Locate a healthcare-related balance sheet.
– The source of the balance sheet can be internal (within a health care facility, health care organization, health care institution of some type) or external healthcare-related article that includes a balance sheet (from a published article or from a health care company’s annual report, for example). The balance sheet of choice can also be on a quarterly basis and or annual basis.
-Post a copy of the balance sheet as a Link (URL), JPEG, screenshot, PDF, or copy and paste the balance sheet within the discussion board forum with your response.
See Example Heath care Related Quarterly and Annually Balance Sheet link below:
2) Write your impression and or comment about the assets, liabilities, net worth, revenues, etc. found on your balance sheet. Would you prefer more details? Yes or No? Explain your reasoning.
3) Do you think the balance sheet you have posted/reported gives you useful information? Why or Why not? How do you think it could be improved? Explain your reasoning.
4) Refer to Chapter 5: What do you believe the proportion of revenues from different sources is for any healthcare organization? Do you believe this proportion (payer mix) will change in the future? Why? Explain your reasoning.
5) Your experiences may be very helpful and interesting to all of us. However, be sure that you also back up your posts with factual information from the text (when it applies to the initial discussion board question (s) and responses to peers) or other creditable sources. A minimum of one reference is required to support your response to the discussion question and reply to a classmate. You may cite the course required textbook and or other sources. Make sure your references are in APA format.
B) Reply to a classmate: Respond to one classmate’s post by including a respectful substantial response that includes supportive facts and details. Minimum of 150 words or more (excluding references). The responses to your classmate’s postings should actively stimulate and sustain further discussion by building on peers’ responses including:
— Classmate by name
— Building a focused argument around a specific issue
— Additional content with substance facts and details to extend the dialogue.
— Asking a new related question
— Making an oppositional statement supported by personal experience and related research.
— A minimum of one reference to your classmate’s posting. You may cite the course required textbook and or other sources from which you have used content. Make sure your references are in APA format.
Refer to the Discussion Board Grading Criteria (Located within the course syllabus).
Remember to post TWO times:
-1st Post (response to the discussion question(s).
-2nd Post (Response to a classmate)
Make sure that your initial response and one response to a classmate are posted to the discussion board forum by Sunday 2/28, 11:59 pm (est).