Paper Help Instructions
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
• The working title for this final research paper is “Cultural Impact of Language Access Services in Health Care.”
• This paper is for an Ethnic Studies course and must center the cultural and ethnic aspect of the need for medical interpreters in health care.
• The paper must have a strong thesis statement at the end of the first introduction paragraph. DO NOT use “this paper will analyze/study/view….” Please use a concise and strong thesis statement that will help the reader understand what the paper will be about.
• Paper must include data to back up claims, concise examples to address points instead of vague statements, and must include some statistics to highlight points on immigration, language, and population numbers in the United States.
• Please include all the sources listed below, which analyze the impact of cultural and linguistic competency in healthcare services in the United States. Other additional sources must be peer reviewed professional articles NO OLDER than 8 years. All references will be checked and cross referenced for accuracy.
• Please use APA 7th edition carefully (no need for running title, no abstract, etc.).
• Please include a paragraph at the end under “Personal Discussion” that address a personal analysis and insights on the topic. What are your thoughts? What can you contribute to the topic as a health care worker and certified interpreter?
• Conclusion must review main points of paper and revisit thesis statement.
• Do not use repetitive sentences just to fill up space. Content must be of high quality or it will be sent back for as many revisions as necessary. Tip will depend on paper quality.
Example of thesis statement: “As the USA becomes an increasingly globalized nation, more immigrants arrive, and diversity continues to expand. Healthcare professionals must understand how to navigate interpreting services for patients and their families to ensure the delivery of safe, equitable, timely, effective, and patient-centered medical care.”