(1) Cognitive creativity has two parts – what are they? What are the three principles of creativity? Why are all
three principles of creativity important?
(2) Why is research part of the creativity cycle?
(3) Why are analogies important for creative heuristics? Explain Lysistrata’s “skein” analogy (in detail) that she
expressed to the magistrate. Why did it work so well?
(4) [R05] describes “creativity that leads to success” through different personality traits or characteristics of:
focus, devotion, sacrifice, grit, persisting through failures, “willingness to break existing rules and be different,”
and having “courage to explore new territories.” Explain why these things are true for Antigone and ended
tragically, and for Lysistrata which ended comically.
(5) After watching Richard St. John’s “Secrets of success in 8 words, 3 minutes” TED Talk – jot down the 8
words here and explain why/how they worked for Lysistrata and how they can work for you as well.