Contribution Standards and Guidelines
MIS Report Specifications (Contribution Guidelines)
In this part, the student is expected to answer the following questions:
● Briefly discuss the contribution idea.
● Briefly explain the solution and the methodology used.
● This part should not exceed TWO paragraphs.
2. Problem Statement
Your contribution should be realistic, reasonable and effective to the company. The following questions should be discussed in this part:
● Identify an existing problem, gap, or development opportunity. (What is the problem? Where does it exist? When did it begin? What people or groups are directly involved?)
● Determine the overall objectives/goals from addressing the proposed problem, gap, or opportunity.
● The analysis/research should be MIS related
● Get the academic advisor’s approval on the problem scope, target user, features, functionality and nature.
● Identify and apply the information gathering methods/data collection method that will be used to obtain the required information and to solve the identified problem.
● Data collection: Survey, interview, observation, document assessment, etc.
● Data analysis: Descriptive statistics, thematic analysis, document analysis, etc.
3. Proposed Solution
Describe the solution design. Write literature review on the proposal model to discuss the comparison (at least 2 articles)
● Set up a theoretical base for your research, which will help in determining the scope and nature of the proposed solution. That can be done through, reviewing related articles, systems, or theories in order to describe, evaluate, and support the basic problem and the proposed solution. These articles, systems, or theories should be up-to-date and in the student’s area of study.
● Support the proposed solutions with the applicable model (framework, structure, flowchart, and diagram)
4. Business impact of the proposed solution
The impact of the proposed solution must be discussed in the report. The discussion may consist of content related to business process, cost, productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness, competitive advantage, value forces, etc.
Summary of your learning (a brief description of your COOP training)