1. Take the this Conflict Management Survey and Self-Disclosure assessments before you interview your family or friends.
a. NOTE: Do NOT purchase the full report at the end of the Self-Disclosure assessment. Use the findings from the free report to complete this assignment. AGAIN – YOU DO NOT PURCHASE the FULL REPORT…JUST TAKE THE QUIZ.
2. Interview one friend and one family member and ask the following questions:
a. How do you think I deal with conflict? What are some of my strengths and what are some of my weaknesses in that area?
b. What do you think are things that trigger me? How do I deal with them?
c. How do I manage disclosures (things I share with others)? Do I share too much or not enough?
3. Write a response comparing and contrasting the views of your interviewees and your own perception.
1. Report your score and findings from both assessments . Do your interviewees agree or disagree with your scores? Do you believe your scores/assessment results are accurate, why or why not?
2. How do you think your relationship with the interviewees influences how they see your conflict style?
3. What is your overall perception of conflict? Do you think it is good or bad? How are your responses similar to each other? How are they different? Please explain either way.
4. What do they think are your conflict “triggers”? What is their opinion of your triggers? How are the viewpoints similar or different from each other and your own?
5. Are there times when you provoke conflicts on purpose? Why or why not?
6. What do the interviewees think about your strategies for dealing with handling conflict? Do they think your methods are positive or negative? Productive or unproductive? Please explain.