Watch CNN presents 1980s and answer the following questions.
1. As the United States entered into the 1980s, what challenges were brought forth from the 1970s? Be
Specific Political, Social, Civil, Human Rights. Culture etc.
2. Name 4 major Tech, Scientific, or Architectural advancements or achievements during the 1980s that
changed or improved the American lifestyle.
3. Were there any major developments in the Entertainment Industry? Who, if any, were the “New” voices
that emerged, leading what would become “the counterculture”
4. If no, how did the information impact your attitude towards the actions or lack of actions on those who
were responsible for creating or influencing society during this particular decade?
5. Were there any actions or reactions taken against Individuals in the Entertainment Industry during this
If there were any changes, who led them and what were they?
6. What political or private scandals occurred, either within the United States or abroad that would change
the way the Federal Government regulated those working in the Entertainment Industry.
7. Were there any reactions from other Nations towards the United States, due to our need of Status
throughout the World.
8. RESEARCH QUESTION: for this question, please check three different sources and then complete a
Ask yourself while you are searching for a source.
Where does it state that they obtained the information to compile and determine their “Best of List?”
Was the list based on Attendance, dollars at the box office, age group, a poll, or opinion?
If you were going to prepare this information to deliver as a News Reporter over the air, would you consider
this as a Trusted News Source?
THIS IS THE QUESTION:
You’ve been hired by MTV NETWORKS as research assistant for VH1. Your boss has asked you to
compile a list for the TOP 10 Films for the 1980s. You are looking for Films that would attract the 18-25
Male-Female Target Market. Searching the internet, answer the following questions:
WHAT Were the TOP 5 FILMS OF THE 1980s that would attract the 18-25 age group?
What are the Three Sources you gathered and based your information?
Is this your opinion or is it based on fact?
Your Answer would look something like this.
Source: ASK.com Name of Who wrote the article and where they found the information to determine their
list. Ask.com is not an answer, just an example.
Name of FIVE FILMS – Does the Top Five Films Show up on All 3 Sites? Do they show Films by Target
Age, Attendance per showing? or Attendance? Just things to take into consideration?
Was this based on opinions or facts.
If you were going to prepare a “news story” for a reporter or yourself to broadcast, ON AIR, would this be
considered a TRUSTED News Source? Please list the Name, Source of Information, Date, and what
determined the Top Rating.