In this assignment, you will combine the previous four assignments into a proposal that you could present to the executive leadership and board members. You will argue the value of the change management plan to the overall success of the organization. Add to your previous submissions a plan for sustaining the change in the long run.
Create a 10–15 slide PowerPoint presentation that proposes the value of your change management plan for executive leadership and the board in which you:
Section I: Organization
The content for this section of your PowerPoint comes from the Week 4 assignment with corrections based on the professor feedback you received.
Describe the organization and comment on the HR change that the organization should make. Utilize effective diagnostic tools to assess the organization’s ability to change. Support assertions with theoretical evidence.
1. Describe the company in terms of industry, size, number of employees, and history.
2. Analyze in detail the current HR practice, policy, process, or procedure that you believe should be changed.
3. Formulate three valid reasons for the proposed change based on current change management theories.
4. Appraise the diagnostic tools that you can use to determine an organization’s readiness for change. Propose two diagnostic tools which you can utilize to determine if the organization is ready for change. Defend why you believe the diagnostic tools selected are the best choice for diagnosing change in the organization.
5. Using one of the diagnostic tools you selected, assess the organization’s readiness for change.
· Provide results of the diagnostic analysis
· Explain the results
6. Interpret whether or not the organization is ready for change. Substantiate your conclusion by referencing current change management theories.
Section II: Kotter Change Plan
The content for this section of your PowerPoint comes from the Week 6 assignment with corrections based on the professor feedback you received.
Utilizing the Kotter eight-step method of change, create a solid change management plan for the HR initiative you identified as requiring improvement.
1. Ascertain how each of the steps applies to your specific organization.
2. Develop a strategy that illustrates how you would address each of the eight stages of change:
· Establishing a sense of urgency.
· Creating a coalition.
· Developing vision and strategy.
· Communicating the vision.
· Empowering broad-based action.
· Generating short-term wins.
· Consolidating gains and producing more change.
· Anchoring new approaches into the culture.
Section III: Resistance and Communication
The content for this section of your PowerPoint comes from the Week 8 assignment with corrections based on the professor feedback you received.
1. Diagnose the reasons for resistance to change.
2. Interpret the potential causes of resistance in the organization. Identify and describe three potential causes of resistance to your change plan. Identify and describe three potential sources of resistance to your change plan.
3. Create a plan for minimizing possible resistance to your change management plan.
4. Elaborate on the relationship between resistance to change and communication.
5. Evaluate three communication strategies.
6. Recommend one communication strategy that would be applicable to your organization. Diagnose why this communication strategy is best for your organization.
7. Create a solid communication plan for your change initiative.
Section IV: Sustaining Change
Research methods of sustaining change in organizations and create a plan for sustaining proposed change.
1. Recommend two strategies for sustaining change:
· Diagnose the two theories from a scholarly perspective
· Evaluate why the strategies selected are viable for the organization
Section V: Presentation
Create a visually appealing and informative presentation espousing the importance of the change management plan you developed.
1. Create a 10–15 slide PowerPoint presentation to submit to executive leadership and board members outlining and describing your recommended change. Include the following criteria:
· Be creative in your design so that it is appealing to others.
· Ensure that all of the major points of the plan are covered.
2. Include speaker’s notes for each slide.
· Speaker’s notes should adequately explain, expand, and express your main points for each slide.
· Include correct in-text citations and any other supporting or SWS formatting protocols.
3. Include a cover page slide and a source page slide, they will not count toward the 10-15 slides of content.
· Use a professional technically written style to graphically convey the information.
Note: You may create or assume any fictitious names, data, or scenarios that have not been established in this assignment for a realistic flow of communication.
Turnitin Notes: When using Turnitin for a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes, please export your PPT to a PDF using the appropriate settings so the speaker notes can be read in Turnitin. Follow these instructions for Submitting PowerPoint Slides with Notes Download Submitting PowerPoint Slides with Notes . In addition, be sure to use the strong>Upload button when submitting the file.
If you are unfamiliar with MS Power Point, please visit the following LinkedIn course resource for more information.
· PowerPoint Essential Training (Office 365/Microsoft 365) (2000)Links to an external site. .
· Create PowerPoint Notes (substantive Speaker’s Notes are required in this assignment)Links to an external site. .
Section VI: References
Utilize good scholarly research skills and writing skills to develop a solid change plan and presentation.
1. Use at least 10 quality academic resources in this assignment.
· Week 10 . You may use the resources from prior assignments.
· Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources
2. Write clearly and concisely about managing organizational change using proper writing mechanics.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
· Create a proposal for a change management plan for an organization.