For this assignment, you will use the problematic episode from a present or past clinical case that you created a genogram on and discussed in the Week 12 Discussion – Preparation for Final Integrative Case Paper. This assignment allows you to envision more precisely how your assessment of what is causing the problem(s) in a client family leads to your selection of a particular family model for intervention. In addition, you will gain a better understanding of how “widening the lens” to include an assessment of family dynamics opens up more possible solutions to the problems that bring the family to a helper in the first place.
In your integrative case paper, address the following components, using headings for each section:
• Hypotheses: Write a short assessment of the family, discussing your hypotheses about the causes of the problem(s). Your hypotheses should incorporate the language and concepts of the theories you will use to describe specific interventions. For example, how might you assess the causes of the problem(s) in this family, using at least two models for practice that you learned in this course? Take care not to share any real identifying information.
• Sociocultural Factors: Discuss relevant sociocultural factors that may have contributed to the development of the problem or provided support to the family.
• Family Life Cycle Stage: Describe the tasks facing the family as a result of the current stage(s) that the family is in, or has passed through.
• Family Strengths: Describe the strengths of the family as a whole and of the individual members.
• Family Interventions: Describe specific interventions you could use with this family that flow directly from the concepts, principles, and language of two (or more, if you choose) family practice theories covered in class: Structural, Bowenian, Contextual, Satir’s approach to Communication Therapy, Psychodynamic, Solution-Focused, or Narrative. Be as specific as possible about what the family might say or do in a session and how you could intervene using one or more of the theories studied in this class. For example, spell out exactly what you might say or do that reflects the theories. If you are seeing, or did see, only one family member, discuss interventions that might be helpful (or would have been helpful) to use with your client and their family. Also include a discussion on how you will evaluate the efficacy of your intervention.
• Value Conflicts: Discuss any value conflicts you encountered or could encounter in your work with this family, and how you might resolve them.
• Genogram: Draw a genogram by hand that uses accurate symbols and includes as much of the information as you have.
In your paper, cite four or more scholarly readings from this course. Your paper should be 5-7 double-spaced pages (not including title page or reference page) in 12-point, Times New Roman font. Make sure that your paper is formatted in APA style, including a title page, reference page, and headings.