Business Continuity Plan Template
CIO Maria Sosa has asked you to provide her and the other executives with a business continuity plan for your organization.
Final Business Continuity Plan (five- to seven-page report using this template). The plan should include the following components:
· Title Page
· for whom you are preparing the document, the title, the date prepared, and your name as the preparer of the document
· Remember that this is your Business Continuity Plan, not recommendations on how to build a plan. Make sure that the language and style of writing support this.
· justifications demonstrating the value of a BCP for the organization
· description of the scope of the BCP (one to two-page narrative, from Step 2)
· Business Impact Analysis and Key Resources and Stakeholders (Steps 3 & 4 using Template in discussion area, plus one-page summary of findings)
· BIA Template table with at least 5 entries (see BIA template)
· Discussion of the information in the table (Methodology, key factors, priorities, etc)
· Preventative Controls (one to two pages, from Step 6)
· Provide a list of controls that your organization has put into place in support of the BCP
· These controls should be specifically focused on the BCP
· Contingency Plan and Recovery Strategies (two to three pages, from Step 7&8)
· Discuss how to respond to a contingency and bring the business back to full normal operations after implementing the contingency plan
· Under what conditions will the plan be activated?
· How will you notify stakeholders?
· How will you respond to disaster?
· What strategies or processes will you use to recover?
· NIST 800-34 is an excellent resource
· Plan Maintenance
· From Steps 9-11 in the project
· How will staff be trained on the plan?
· How will the plan be maintained and updated?
· How will you test the plan?