Question 2 Data visualization (8 marks)
Refer to SAGE study, Figure 1 shows the number of suicidal attempts across countries.
1. What type of diagram was used to describe the number of suicidal attempts across countries
(Figure 1) ?
2. What was the rationale of using this diagram?
3. Is there any limitation of showing this diagram in regard to title, labels, color, and data (good
4. Is there any difference between Figure 1 and Figure 2?
5. If yes, what is the difference in regard to type of diagram?
Question 3 R Studio interfaces (10 marks)
1. What are the interfaces of R studio?
2. Explain each interface in one sentence or two.
Question 4 Summary statistics (20 marks)
Refer to SAGE study, a random sample of 10 participants was selected
1. Calculate the mean and median of sleep length with step-by-step process.
2. Calculate the range, standard deviation, 25th-75th percentile of sleep length with step-by-step
3. State whether the distribution of sleep length is skewed or symmetrical.
4. What is the reason behind the skewed distribution if it is skewed?
5. What process we should follow to get the symmetrical distribution if it is skewed?
6. What are the mean and median if the lowest value of sleep length was changed to 1.5?
7. Is median affected by this extreme value?
8. Is mean affected by this extreme value? Why?