1. In two detailed sentences, describe the ideal relationship between a king and his warriors in Beowulf’s
2. What is the “whale-road“? What do scholars of Old English literature call a literary construction of this
type? One sentence for each part of your answer.
3. Identify and briefly discuss an example of biblical material in the Beowulf myth. At least one detailed
4. What is meant by the sociological function of myth? One detailed sentence. Then give a specific
example from the one of the Native American myths that we read. One detailed sentence.
5. How does Turkey help the people in the Navajo creation myth? At least one detailed sentence.
6. What kind of living beings do the Creators want to create in the Mayan creation myth? Two detailed
7. Discuss the actions of a trickster figure in one of the Native American myths we have read. One detailed
8. Describe an example of an unusual pregnancy or birth in one of the Native American myths. One
9. In one of the Native American myths we have read, repeated disobedience of a father’s orders has
surprisingly positive results. Explain who is disobedient and what happens. Two detailed sentences.
10. What does the shaman do in the Inuit myth? Why is this action so important? Two detailed sentences.