BECOMING AN AGENT OF CHANGE
Walden University has been committed to social change since it was founded in 1970. As part of this commitment, students in most every program and specialization are encouraged to actively engage in social action and to become an agent of change. What does it mean to be an agent of change? As a professional in an educational field, you have chosen to make a difference in the lives of children and students, which is an example of social change. In this course, and throughout your program, you have considered the education and development of children and the role of educators in the community.
For this Discussion, you will analyze how you will continue to use data in creating and supporting effective educational practices. You will also examine your own social change profile and how you can become an educational agent of change.
· Review Walden University’s mission and vision statements, the Callahan et al. paper (2012), and the Fullan (2016) chapters for this module. Consider the impact of data-driven positive social change on government leaders, teachers, and educators.
· Read the Hargreaves & Ainscow (2015) article and consider their ideas about leading from the middle. How might the concepts explored and insights you have gained in this course impact your future goals and your development as a leader of educational change and an agent of social change?
Assignment Task Part 1
Post a 1page response to the following:
· How will you continue to use data to inform your decisions in creating and supporting effective educational practices?
· How do you envision yourself becoming an educational agent of change in your future professional practice? (Expound here on becoming an educational agent of change as a Early Childhood Doctoral College Professor)
· What goals will you set for yourself following graduation to impact children, students, and your community? 1. Helping Kids Build Trust, Self-confidence & Independence in becoming great decision makers. 2. Model a growth mindset and foster the same in my students. and 3. Enhance resources for positive individual, family, and community growth. .
· How will Walden’s mission and vision, the goals in the Callahan et al. (2012) paper, and Fullan’s (2016) thoughts on educational change influence your views and practices in the future of becoming an Early Childhood Doctoral College Professor.
For this Discussion, and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style and provide reference citations.