BARNUM EFFECT PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
You will create a PowerPoint presentation discussing the Barnum Effect. For this presentation option, you will integrate scholarly research on the Barnum Effect with a mini-experiment that you will conduct on friends and family.
1. Collect data from 5 people on the Barnum Effect by giving them the test found at the following website:.
2. Next, ask your participants to rate the accuracy of their results on a scale of 1 to 10
(1 = not accurate at all; 10 = completely accurate).
3. Record the participants’ ratings/results and include them as part of your presentation.
4. Once you have told the participants their results, you may also include follow-up questions to obtain qualitative data on their reaction to the accuracy of the test or the Barnum Effect. Feel free to include those qualitative data in your presentation as well.
5. Integrate the data you collected from your 5 participants with the scholarly research that you found on the Barnum Effect into a single, well-organized presentation.
6. Be sure to include at least 1 peer-reviewed resource, in addition to your textbook. (That’s at least 2 scholarly sources total!) Discuss whether or not your findings are consistent with the scholarly sources that you cite. If not, offer an explanation of why.