Please answer the questions. (40 words minimum ) no source is needed. 100% original. Thank you if you have
any questions please let me know.
1. What is the sensory function of the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)?
2.What is the function of the hypothalamus and spinal cord relative to the ANS?
3.Name some of the effectors regulated by the ANS.
4.a.Identify the two ANS divisions.
4.b. Define dual innervation and explain its function.
5.Contrast ANS and somatic motor pathways.
–SECTION CHANGE ( Motor Pathways: Preganglionic and Postganglionic Neurons )–
6. Describe somatic motor neuron structure for stimulating an effector such as a skeletal muscle.
7. Unlike the SNS, two ANS motor neurons carry action potentials to effectors. Describe the location and
function of them. Note their myelination differences, too.
b. postganglionic neuron
—–Motor Pathways: Ganglia—-
8. Describe the role of acetylcholine at the ganglia.
9.a.Describe the location of parasympathetic motor ganglia.
9.b. Describe the pattern that establishes a stimulation connection to only a single parasympathetic effector.
10.a. Describe the location of sympathetic motor ganglia.
10.b. Describe the pattern that establishes a stimulation connection to many sympathetic effectors.
—Motor Pathways: Neurotransmitters—
11. How are autonomic neurons classified?
12.For each of the following, identify the neurotransmitter and the deactivation enzyme.
a. cholinergic neurons
b. andregenic neurons
13.Identify the ANS neurons that are cholinergic.
14. For each of the following, contrast the functions of postsynaptic receptors.
b. muscarinic receptors
15.a. Identify the ANS neurons that are adrenergic.
15.b. What affect does norepinephrine (NE) have on postsynaptic membranes?
—–Physiological Effects of the ANS—–
16. Describe hypothalamus role within the ANS.
17.a. When does the sympathetic division of the ANS respond and stimulate its effectors?
17.b. Identify some sympathetic responses.
17.c. How are these responses appropriate for the sympathetic “fight or flight” response?
17.d. Name three reasons why the effects of sympathetic stimulation are longer lasting and more widely spread
than parasympathetic stimulation.
18.a. Explain why the parasympathetic division is sometimes called the “rest and digest” reaction.
18.b. Identify some parasympathetic responses.
18.c. Define the SLUDD responses.
18.d. In general, define the function of parasympathetic responses.