Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
· Ethical and Religious Directives (ERD) for Catholic Health Care Services (6th ed.). (2018). Paragraphs: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 55, 59, 61, 62
· PHI 3633 WK 5-A.pdf Download PHI 3633 WK 5-A.pdf
· PHI 3633 WK 5-B.pdf Download PHI 3633 WK 5-B.pdf
· DECL LIFE DEATH FL CATH CONF.pdf Download DECL LIFE DEATH FL CATH CONF.pdf
· DNR ORDER-form.pdf Download DNR ORDER-form.pdf
· durable-power-of-attorney FLORIDA.pdf Download durable-power-of-attorney FLORIDA.pdf
· Cioffi, A. (2018, March 17). BIO 603 3 17 18 [Video file]. Retrieved from BIO 603 3 17 18Links to an external site. IO 603 3 17 18
· Cioffi, A. (2019, April 6). BIO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19 [Video file]. Retrieved from BIO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19Links to an external site. IO 603 CONSENT 4 6 19
Supplemental Materials & Resources
con Determination of Death / Informed Consent
After studying the course materials located on Module 5: Lecture Materials & Resources page, answer the following:
1. Uniform Determination of Death Act (UDDA):
· How this law was created
· Legal definition of death, describe
2. Define dying within context of faith, basic principle about human life
3. Bioethical Analysis of Pain Management – Pain Relief
4. What is the difference between Pain and suffering? Explain
5. Diagnosis / Prognosis: define both.
6. Ordinary / Extraordinary means of life support. Explain the bioethical analysis.
7. Killing or allowing to die? Define both and explain which one is ethically correct and why?
8. Catholic declaration on life and death; give a summary of this document: https://ecatholic-sites.s3.amazonaws.com/17766/documents/2018/11/CDLD.pdf (Links to an external site.)
9. What is free and informed consent from the Catholic perspective?
10. Define Proxi, Surrogate
· Advance Directives
· Living Will
· PoA / Durable PoA
12. Read and summarize ERD paragraphs #: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 55, 59, 61, 62.
· The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
· If references are used, please cite properly according to the current APA style. Refer to your syllabus for further detail or contact your instructor.
· Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
· You can expect feedback and grading from the instructor before the next assignment is due.