Introduction & PICOT Question Assignment
For this assignment, you will write an introduction. Refer to Module 3: Lecture Materials & Resources to help you complete this assignment.
Your Introduction must include:
Your PICOT question. For healthcare workers(P) does the use of proper
handwashing(I)reduce the future risk of nosocomial infections(O) compared with using hand
• Purpose of or rationale for the scholarly project:
o Provide an evidence-based explanation of why it is necessary to complete your scholarly project and what benefit will be gained (health promotion, fiscal,
• Background on the problem or population of interest:
o Using primary sources, provide data on your topic.
o Providing the background will demonstrate the focused need for your project.
• Significance of the problem to nursing and health care:
o State how your problem or population of interest aligns with the larger interest of health care in the community.
o Create a context to why your topic is important.
• Benefit of the project to nursing practice:
o State what will be gained from your project.
o Describe the expected outcomes of your project to practice within your population and setting.
o Relate the outcomes to evidence-based guidelines and outcomes.
o Describe how your project may influence other populations or settings.
• The introduction is original work and logically organized.
• The paper is 2-3 pages in length and follows current APA format including citation of references.
• Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within the last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within
• Journal articles and books should be referenced according to the current APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).
• Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59 PM ET on Sunday.
• Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion
of the instructor.
• You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.