The objective of this assignment is to assess and describe a course of action for community engagement to build consensus for a proposed community park. You will choose what you determine to be the most effective tool(s) for engaging the community in the pre-design, schematic design, and design development of the park project. As a guide, choose one real built park project that involved successful community engagement tools and strategies.
In this assignment, you will prepare a descriptive narrative that concisely and succinctly addresses the following:
• Introduction: to the project, its purpose, and background. What was the root of the distrust, or unrest in the community? Who were the major stakeholders?
• Pre-design: what activities will you use to successfully build trust among community members and why? Give examples of successful strategies.
• Schematic Design: What tool(s) will you use to get input and engage community members in design? Draw a diagram that represents your approach to gathering feedback in the process. How will you follow up so that stakeholders they feel like their input has been valuable to the process? What will you do to resolve conflict among preferences?
• Design Development: Explain the strategies most effective in this part of the project and reasons why. How will you keep the community engaged?
• Summary: In the concluding paragraph, summarize the overall importance of the initiatives undertaken in your process, anticipated results and issues that may yet to be resolved.