Students will analyze the language or literacy development of a selected child be it by means of live observations or collection of videos on the same child.
The student denotes strong mastery of theories of language and literacy acquisition to explain what is being observed (i.e., milestones attained). Applying
research-based concepts and principles studied in class, students make recommendations of developmentally appropriate practices to promote the child’s
continuous improvement in the acquisition of language and literacy in reaching the next expected milestones. In their work, students note how ethical and
legal aspects of the profession were followed in completion of observations and documentation related to the selected child.
• Demonstrate knowledge of explicit, research-based strategies, tools, and techniques for assessing various aspects of students’ oral language development,
including their academic language development.
• This assignment will be approximately 2 pages.
• You will utilize a student you may have access to in your work or practice-based experience. Then, answer the specific questions provided by your individual
faculty regarding developmentally appropriate practices.
• Be sure to include a citation for any materials you utilized (textbook, internet source, etc.).
• Please submit utilizing APA format.
• For this assignment you will find our text helpful.
Can you use the same reference from the field experiences for this analysis paper?