Read Chapter 8:
1. What are the Six Segments of America on attitudes toward climate change? Map your community along these segments.
2. Find an article about climate change online. Which climate communication weaknesses does it display?
3. List at least four terms that have different meanings for scientists and the public, and provide a better choice for each of them. Explain your answer.
4. List at least four important scientific findings that illustrate our understanding of recently observed and predicted climate change. Explain your answer.
Read Chapter 9:
1. How did the geography of the Los Angeles basin exacerbate the photochemical smog problem? How do you think geographic features of your hometown help or hinder air pollution control?
2. What do you think of the California Climate Strategy?
Read Chapter 2:
1. What is the biggest source of greenhouse gas emissions for UC and why might that be the case?
2. What examples of CNI strategies have you observed on your campus?
3. What role did students play in getting the UC to commit to sustainability and climate action goals, and how can this inspire future students?